Ardingly College is an independent co-educational day and boarding (full, weekly and occasional) school for boys and girls aged 2-18. It is located on a beautiful 230-acre campus, near Haywards Heath, West Sussex in the South of England. Situated between London and Brighton, it is only 25 minutes from Gatwick Airport and 60 minutes from London Heathrow. A school bus runs from and to Clapham Junction every Monday and Friday to service the weekly boarders from London.
With a quintessentially English building at its heart, one could be forgiven for thinking that Ardingly is traditional in its approach to teaching. However that is far from the case. Ardingly is forward thinking: pushing boundaries and offering unique enrichment opportunities such as the Solar Car project. We find in each child something they are good at, so they grow in confidence and in turn happiness. When they leave us they are comfortable in their own skin and able to say they are 'World-Ready'.
And the results? Ardingly is ranked in the top ten UK IB schools in the UK, with 86% of pupils gaining A* to B at A Level (or IB equivalent) and 95% gaining their first or second choice of university.
Open Mornings are held every term and individual visiting appointments can be arranged. Scholarships are available. The new girls' houses are now open. Visit us at www.ardingly.com to find out more.
The Six Steps towards being World-Ready
Today's schoolchildren are growing up in a hyper-connected world. To grasp the opportunities it offers and meet the challenges it presents, our children need to understand what it means to be a citizen of the world. What it means to be World-Ready.
1. CONNECT WITH THE WORLD We are building a network of partner schools in Europe, Africa and Asia, so that our students can connect through learning together.
2. RELATE TO THE WORLD The Ardingly College community is deliberately multinational. 70% are British and 30% come together from 25 different countries. By growing up together, our children learn to relate to the world.
3. LEARN REAL WORLD APTITUDES Students lead project teams across the curriculum, and practise skills of communication, planning and presentation. The Ardingly College Solar Car project is just one example of many. Student leadership is not confined to sport, but is also seen in editorial teams, peer support teams, and student representation.
4. KNOW THE FUTURE YOU WANT Students experience the world of work through networking events and work placements.
5. CONTRIBUTE TO THE WORLD Students give their time and efforts towards good causes and travel as far afield as Iceland and China, Kenya and India.
6. COMPETE IN THE WORLD In a few short years students will be out in the wide world competing for jobs and promotion. Excellent grades will help, but so will taking an understanding of their place in the world.
Fees: £7,550 - £11.140
The Head: Ben Figgis
College Road, Ardingly, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH17 6SQ